Shire plc (SHPG): $ Key Programs Not In Consensus - Jefferies
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst, David Steinberg, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Shire (NASDAQ: SHPG) after hosing 3 days of management meetings which increased his confidence that the company is well positioned to deliver ~15%+ EPS growth. In addition to many new data points on Xiidra, mgt expects that the hemophilia business will grow nicely – even if there is stiff competition in the inhibitor segment.
SHPG has 40+ programs in clinical testing and at least four late-stage programs appear overly discounted. Mgt projects sales of SHP465 of $500M+ by 2020; double that of consensus. This seems reasonable since every ADHD product launched has exceeded expectations. The second Ph3 asset is SHP621 for eosinophilic esophagitis. Given a dearth of therapies and ~180k US sufferers, peak sales could approach $500M yet Street models have no sales. Finally, expectations for IT programs (Hunters CNS, etc.) & SHP607 (Premiplex) have become heavily discounted due to mixed data or prior development setbacks. All four could become very meaningful products in the 2018-20 timeframe
No change to the price target of $262.
Shares of Shire closed at $192.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!