Shire plc (SHPG): $ Key Programs Not In Consensus - Jefferies
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, David Steinberg, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Shire (NASDAQ: SHPG) after hosing 3 days of management meetings which increased his confidence that the company is well positioned to deliver ~15%+ EPS growth. In addition to many new data points on Xiidra, mgt expects that the hemophilia business will grow nicely – even if there is stiff competition in the inhibitor segment.
SHPG has 40+ programs in clinical testing and at least four late-stage programs appear overly discounted. Mgt projects sales of SHP465 of $500M+ by 2020; double that of consensus. This seems reasonable since every ADHD product launched has exceeded expectations. The second Ph3 asset is SHP621 for eosinophilic esophagitis. Given a dearth of therapies and ~180k US sufferers, peak sales could approach $500M yet Street models have no sales. Finally, expectations for IT programs (Hunters CNS, etc.) & SHP607 (Premiplex) have become heavily discounted due to mixed data or prior development setbacks. All four could become very meaningful products in the 2018-20 timeframe
No change to the price target of $262.
Shares of Shire closed at $192.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!