Seaport Global Securities Starts W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA) at Neutral
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Seaport Global Securities initiates coverage on W.R. Grace & Co. (NYSE: GRA) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $81.00.
Analyst Michael Harrison commented, "We are initiating coverage of the global leader in refining and petrochemical catalysts and silica-based functional additives. GRA brings technology and expertise in its core inorganic materials business that provide a competitive advantage in developing value-added solutions. EBITDA margin of ~31% (our 2016 estimate) is toward the high end of our chemicals group coverage, underscoring the quality of the business model and deep moats. We believe the Catalysts and Materials businesses should both be able to grow revenue in the low- to mid-single digits organically, and we see opportunities for consolidation in both segments. GRA recently bolstered its polyolefin catalysts position by purchasing a business from BASF that should be accretive during 2017. Ample free cash flow generation (guidance of $250MM for 2016) should fund further M&A as well as share repurchases, though current balance-sheet leverage of 3.0x is above management's target, suggesting some debt paydown near term. We view GRA as a solid long-term performer, but view the current valuation of 12.5x EBITDA as fairly valuing the opportunities ahead. This suggests a Neutral rating is appropriate. We note, however, that we believe GRA is a potential takeout target following the spin-out of its GCP construction and packaging business, and there has been brisk M&A activity in the chemicals and materials space recently."
Shares of W.R. Grace & Co. closed at $75.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) at Buy
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!