Seaport Global Securities Starts Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (KALU) at Buy
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Seaport Global Securities initiates coverage on Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (NASDAQ: KALU) with a Buy rating and a price target of $100.00.
Analyst Josh Sullivan commented, "We are initiating coverage of Kaiser Aluminum (KALU) with a Buy rating and $100 price target. KALU primarily benefits from two secular trends in the aerospace and automotive industries. In aerospace (~60% of sales), KALU provides aluminum heat treat plate, which is seeing increasing demand as narrow-body build rates ramp. Secondly, KALU’s automotive aluminum extrusions (~15% of sales) are benefiting from increasing aluminum content on automotive designs for light-weighting purposes. However, KALU is also a best-in-breed capital allocator, prudently adding capacity, avoiding expensive acquisitions and steadily improving efficiency. KALU has efficiently utilized a legacy NOL position to organically invest in capacity/efficiency. The crux of our thesis is that these successful investments have fundamentally altered KALU’s earnings profile and, therefore, as margins continue to improve, sales grow and FCF delivers, KALU's strategic multiple should be closer to the group."
Shares of Kaiser Aluminum Corporation closed at $86.84 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- Crocs (CROX) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Susquehanna
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!