Seaport Global Securities Starts Carpenter Technology (CRS) at Neutral
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Seaport Global Securities initiates coverage on Carpenter Technology (NYSE: CRS) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $38.00.
Analyst Josh Sullivan commented, "Carpenter Technology (CRS) is a premier supplier of the nickel super alloys and titanium wire used in the construction of aircraft. With the$500MM investment in the Athens, AL facility (increasing premium melt >50%) as well as significant expansion of the Dynamet titanium wire facilities, CRS is on the backside of a heavy investment cycle. Therefore, with >50% of sales in aerospace as well as capacity in place, CRS is poised to be a prime beneficiary of the next-generation OEM ramp. However, oil & gas markets were expected to fill capacity while qualifications in Athens were achieved through 2017. Therefore, as O&G and industrial markets have remained weak, utilization has been low, depressing margin potential. CRS has ggressively attacked costs by instituting several strategic initiatives, which have steadily lifted EBITDA margins out of the trough from early2015. While CEO Tony Thene gets an ‘A’ for self-help, the biggest obstacles in front of CRS are marketrelated in aero/energy. Therefore, we are initiating with a Neutral rating as the risk/reward is balanced given the wide-body production re-calibration and the timing for O&G demand."
Shares of Carpenter Technology closed at $37.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Benchmark Starts Cross Country Healthcare (CCRN) at Buy
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Safe Bulkers (SB) at Hold
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!