Seaport Global Securities Starts Allegheny Technologies (ATI) at Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Seaport Global Securities initiates coverage on Allegheny Technologies (NYSE: ATI) with a Buy rating and a price target of $21.00.
Analyst Josh Sullivan commented, "We are initiating coverage of Allegheny Technologies with a Buy rating and $21 price target. The company has executed a metamorphosis over the last year as commodity operations were divested. As a result, +50% of sales year to date were Aerospace & Defense related, which are expected to continue to climb. Further, ATI’s technology heritage dictates that content per shipset of next-generation jet engines is significantly higher than legacy engines. ATI’s isothermal forges were also a likely net beneficiary of the delay in Alcoa’s development isothermal forge, which adds high value content just as the narrow-body ramp begins. With regard to ATI’s portfolio pivot away from commodity products, the Flat Rolled segment is on track to return to profitability in Q4:16, and, as a result, ATI’s strategic trajectory is pointing towards two developments. The return to profitability and value of the HRPF make an Alcoa-like separation more feasible, although pension issues need to be mitigated. Secondly, aerospace OEMs' cost initiatives will incentivize supply chain consolidation, for which ATI's unique assets will command a premium."
Shares of Allegheny Technologies closed at $17.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!