Seaport Global Securities Starts Allegheny Technologies (ATI) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Seaport Global Securities initiates coverage on Allegheny Technologies (NYSE: ATI) with a Buy rating and a price target of $21.00.
Analyst Josh Sullivan commented, "We are initiating coverage of Allegheny Technologies with a Buy rating and $21 price target. The company has executed a metamorphosis over the last year as commodity operations were divested. As a result, +50% of sales year to date were Aerospace & Defense related, which are expected to continue to climb. Further, ATI’s technology heritage dictates that content per shipset of next-generation jet engines is significantly higher than legacy engines. ATI’s isothermal forges were also a likely net beneficiary of the delay in Alcoa’s development isothermal forge, which adds high value content just as the narrow-body ramp begins. With regard to ATI’s portfolio pivot away from commodity products, the Flat Rolled segment is on track to return to profitability in Q4:16, and, as a result, ATI’s strategic trajectory is pointing towards two developments. The return to profitability and value of the HRPF make an Alcoa-like separation more feasible, although pension issues need to be mitigated. Secondly, aerospace OEMs' cost initiatives will incentivize supply chain consolidation, for which ATI's unique assets will command a premium."
Shares of Allegheny Technologies closed at $17.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) at Buy
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!