Seaport Global Securities Starts Alcoa (AA) at Neutral
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave cables to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Seaport Global Securities initiates coverage on Alcoa (NYSE: AA) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $11.00.
Analyst Josh Sullivan commented, "We are initiating coverage of Alcoa with a Neutral rating and $11.00 price target. The separation of the 130-year-old conglomerate into Arconic Inc. (value-added aerospace/auto) and Alcoa Corporation (heritage aluminum operations) is expected to be completed in 2H:16. On a sum-of-the parts basis we arrive at a value for the commodity Alcoa Corp. at $2.20 per share and Arconic Inc. at $9.30 per share. For Arconic near term, the recalibration of wide-body production outweighs the uptake of narrow-body production. Long term, the aerospace skyline is attractive with a significant narrow-body ramp in 2017; however, the supply chain will remain cautious until Boeing makes a final decision on 777 production in 2H:16. The commodity-oriented Alcoa Corp. faces the specter of rising Chinese restarts in 2H:16. Long term, Alcoa Corp is a fundamentally changed business with a streamlined cost structure, siloed operations that can be strategically pruned and aluminum pricing near lows. Net/net, we believe the separation will unlock value long term; however, given near-term hurdles our $11 price target offers a slight discount to our FY17 sum-of-the-parts valuation. Our price target is also based on 7.9x our FY17 EV/EBITDA estimate."
Shares of Alcoa closed at $10.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Starts VWR Corp. (VWR) at Hold
- Deutsche Bank Starts Bio-Rad Labs (BIO) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!