Seagate Technology (STX) PT Raised to $50 at Brean Capital; Ahead of Schedule on $5 EPS
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Brean Capital analyst Ananda Baruah reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) to $50.00 (from $42.00) after the company pre-announced better-than-expected results. The firm sees the company ahead of schedule and driving to delivering $5.00 in normalized EPS. In addition, while they're using a 10x P/E, they continue to believe that given STX FCF generation and duopoly characteristics, once the model proves it can again stabilize, STX can again trade at 12x - 14x (which over time places the stock at >$60).
Baruah believes that Street continues to under-appreciate:
1) the degree to which STX can adjust its Cap U / COGS model (we believe STX could exit Jun Q '17 at 90% - 95% Cap U;
2) the degree to which ASPs could increase in CY17 & CY18 from mix (we believe mid-single digit potential);
3) that STX has ~$160M in annual incentive comp in its FY17 Opex run rate which should "normalize" as it gets into the Sep '17 Q, impacting each Q by ~$40M.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $35.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!