Seagate Technology (STX): Upside Is Already In The Stock - Deutsche Bank
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Deutsche Bank analyst, Sherri Scribner, reiterated her Hold rating on shares of Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) after the company provided preliminary F1Q-17 results that beat prior sales guidance by $100M and GM by 2ppts. The analyst believes that cost-cutting actions appear to be on track due to the better GMs and lower OpEx Y/Y.
Most of the upside appears to be the result of mix shift to high-capacity enterprise HDDs purchased by cloud providers. This helped drive 21% Y/Y growth in exabytes. The analyst stated "STX's shift to higher value segments of the market is paying off, in our view, and we continue to see these segments as the long-term growth driver for the HDD industry. With visibility improving in these segments, we expect continued positive EPS, but believe today's announced upside was already reflected in the stock".
No change to the price target of $35.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $35.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Rambus (RMBS) Following 3Q Report
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!