Seagate Technology (STX): Upside Is Already In The Stock - Deutsche Bank
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Deutsche Bank analyst, Sherri Scribner, reiterated her Hold rating on shares of Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) after the company provided preliminary F1Q-17 results that beat prior sales guidance by $100M and GM by 2ppts. The analyst believes that cost-cutting actions appear to be on track due to the better GMs and lower OpEx Y/Y.
Most of the upside appears to be the result of mix shift to high-capacity enterprise HDDs purchased by cloud providers. This helped drive 21% Y/Y growth in exabytes. The analyst stated "STX's shift to higher value segments of the market is paying off, in our view, and we continue to see these segments as the long-term growth driver for the HDD industry. With visibility improving in these segments, we expect continued positive EPS, but believe today's announced upside was already reflected in the stock".
No change to the price target of $35.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $35.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Capital One Financial (COF) to $90
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!