Seagate Technology (STX): Strong Quarter As Indicated By Preannouncemnt, Raising PT - Susquehanna
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Susquehanna analyst, Mehdi Hosseini, raised his price target on Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) to $38 from $35 after the company's results were consistent with the preannouncement on 10/11, and the Gross Margin expansion strategy is clearly working.
STX has now expanded its Gross Margins by ~680 bps from its Mar Q '16 low of 22.7%, largely a result of improved mix from strong Nearline share gains (particularly at the 8TB capacity), as well as a strategic move away from low-end PC drives and higher emphasis on 1TB Notebook and 2TB Desktop. As such, given mix and cost cutting initiatives, STX implied on the call that reaching the 30% Gross Margin level for the Dec Q is within reach.
The analyst increased FY17/FY18 EPS to $3.55/$3.63 from the prior $3.00/$3.28 on more favorable GM assumptions but the Neutral rating remains.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $34.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Deutsche Bank Cuts Price Target on Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX) Following Study
- Macquarie Downgrades Pearson PLC (PSO) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!