Seagate Technology (STX): Raising PT After Positive Preannouncement - Baird
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Tristan Gerra, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) and raised his price target to $37 from $32 after the company announced better than expected preliminary F1Q17 results. Upside was driven by strength in cloud-based storage exabyte capacity, while new high capacity HDD products are gaining traction.
Preliminary revenue is ~$2.8 billion, up from guidance of $2.7 billion. Preliminary GAAP and non-GAAP gross margin is 29%, up from guidance of 27%, driven by better-than-expected demand for high capacity enterprise HDD products.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $35.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Management Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!