Seagate Technology (STX): Raising PT After Positive Preannouncement - Baird
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Tristan Gerra, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) and raised his price target to $37 from $32 after the company announced better than expected preliminary F1Q17 results. Upside was driven by strength in cloud-based storage exabyte capacity, while new high capacity HDD products are gaining traction.
Preliminary revenue is ~$2.8 billion, up from guidance of $2.7 billion. Preliminary GAAP and non-GAAP gross margin is 29%, up from guidance of 27%, driven by better-than-expected demand for high capacity enterprise HDD products.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $35.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Management Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!