Seagate Technology (STX): Few Surprises But Vague Guidance - BMO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Tim Long, maintained his Market Perform rating on Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) but raised his price target to $33 from $31 after the company reported few surprises in the quarter, following the better preannounced results last week.
Enterprise growth continues to support the business, but the analyst is not convinced that management’s view of a return to revenue growth is realistic given the headwinds to the rest of HDDs and the limited flash exposure. FY2017/2018 EPS estimates go to $3.49/$3.43 from $3.04/$3.34.
Vague guidance. For the December quarter, management expects approximately flat revenue and sequentially higher gross margin. While we like the company’s recent success in getting margins into the 27-32% target range, we are concerned about management visibility into TAM, including both the predictability of cloud demand and deliberate reduction of focus on lower-end units.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $34.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!