Seagate Technology (STX): Few Surprises But Vague Guidance - BMO
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump picks ex-rival Carson to head housing department
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Tim Long, maintained his Market Perform rating on Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) but raised his price target to $33 from $31 after the company reported few surprises in the quarter, following the better preannounced results last week.
Enterprise growth continues to support the business, but the analyst is not convinced that management’s view of a return to revenue growth is realistic given the headwinds to the rest of HDDs and the limited flash exposure. FY2017/2018 EPS estimates go to $3.49/$3.43 from $3.04/$3.34.
Vague guidance. For the December quarter, management expects approximately flat revenue and sequentially higher gross margin. While we like the company’s recent success in getting margins into the 27-32% target range, we are concerned about management visibility into TAM, including both the predictability of cloud demand and deliberate reduction of focus on lower-end units.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $34.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!