Seagate Technology (STX): Few Surprises But Vague Guidance - BMO
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst, Tim Long, maintained his Market Perform rating on Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) but raised his price target to $33 from $31 after the company reported few surprises in the quarter, following the better preannounced results last week.
Enterprise growth continues to support the business, but the analyst is not convinced that management’s view of a return to revenue growth is realistic given the headwinds to the rest of HDDs and the limited flash exposure. FY2017/2018 EPS estimates go to $3.49/$3.43 from $3.04/$3.34.
Vague guidance. For the December quarter, management expects approximately flat revenue and sequentially higher gross margin. While we like the company’s recent success in getting margins into the 27-32% target range, we are concerned about management visibility into TAM, including both the predictability of cloud demand and deliberate reduction of focus on lower-end units.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $34.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Capital One Financial (COF) to $90
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Owens Corning (OC) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!