Seagate (STX) PT Raised to $50 at Craig-Hallum; Higher Conviction Dividend Can Be Maintained
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Craig-Hallum analyst Christian Schwab reiterated a Buy rating and lifted his price target on Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) to $50.00 (from $37.00), saying they have great conviction in the company's dividend.
Schwab commented, "We believe further positive surprises are likely at Seagate given the company’s strategic decision to focus on shipping 1TB and greater drives and reduce its manufacturing footprint which we believe will lead to more stable earnings and cash flow generation."
The analyst highlighted cuts in manufacturing capacity over the next few quarters and accelerating the utilization of its own heads and media facilities. In addition, the company will be refreshing most of its high volume capacity products with lower cost designs.
He added, "Given our increased conviction in the company’s ability to support its $2.52/share dividend we are raising our price target to $50, based on a 5% dividend yield."
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $34.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Dividends, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!