Seagate (STX) Could Pre-Announce Positively Again, RBC Says; PT to $40
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani sees three reasons Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) could issue another positive pre-announcement and bumped its price target to $40.00 (from $34.00) while maintaining a Sector Perform rating.
The firm's checks suggest:
1) TAM is likely close to 110M if not modestly higher (+12% q/q) vs. STX guide for revenues to be up ~4%, we sense STX benefited from gaming upside (1TB HDD vs. low-end shipments),
2) Hyperscale demand remained robust and STX continued to see share gain on 8TB (though less vs. LQ). Fundamental trends that enabled strong performance in Jun-qtr remained intact through Sept-qtr,
3) Mission Critical: given “less bad” reports from enterprise storage vendors, mission-critical drives were down less vs. expected.
"We think STX could end-up seeing revenues >$2.85B and EPS in the $0.90+ range (assuming good operational execution), and this should enable the stock to work towards $40+," the analyst said. "The big upside we suspect will be strong gross-margins vs. 27% guide (100-150bps upside potential)."
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $38.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!