Seagate (STX) Could Pre-Announce Positively Again, RBC Says; PT to $40
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani sees three reasons Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) could issue another positive pre-announcement and bumped its price target to $40.00 (from $34.00) while maintaining a Sector Perform rating.
The firm's checks suggest:
1) TAM is likely close to 110M if not modestly higher (+12% q/q) vs. STX guide for revenues to be up ~4%, we sense STX benefited from gaming upside (1TB HDD vs. low-end shipments),
2) Hyperscale demand remained robust and STX continued to see share gain on 8TB (though less vs. LQ). Fundamental trends that enabled strong performance in Jun-qtr remained intact through Sept-qtr,
3) Mission Critical: given “less bad” reports from enterprise storage vendors, mission-critical drives were down less vs. expected.
"We think STX could end-up seeing revenues >$2.85B and EPS in the $0.90+ range (assuming good operational execution), and this should enable the stock to work towards $40+," the analyst said. "The big upside we suspect will be strong gross-margins vs. 27% guide (100-150bps upside potential)."
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $38.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Exelon Corp. (EXC) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!