Seagate (STX) Could Pre-Announce Positively Again, RBC Says; PT to $40
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani sees three reasons Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) could issue another positive pre-announcement and bumped its price target to $40.00 (from $34.00) while maintaining a Sector Perform rating.
The firm's checks suggest:
1) TAM is likely close to 110M if not modestly higher (+12% q/q) vs. STX guide for revenues to be up ~4%, we sense STX benefited from gaming upside (1TB HDD vs. low-end shipments),
2) Hyperscale demand remained robust and STX continued to see share gain on 8TB (though less vs. LQ). Fundamental trends that enabled strong performance in Jun-qtr remained intact through Sept-qtr,
3) Mission Critical: given “less bad” reports from enterprise storage vendors, mission-critical drives were down less vs. expected.
"We think STX could end-up seeing revenues >$2.85B and EPS in the $0.90+ range (assuming good operational execution), and this should enable the stock to work towards $40+," the analyst said. "The big upside we suspect will be strong gross-margins vs. 27% guide (100-150bps upside potential)."
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $38.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!