Scynexis (SCYX): Attractive Drug, Low Valuation, Consolidating Industry - Guggeheim
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Guggenheim analyst, Louise Chen, initiated coverage on shares of SCYNEXIS (NASDAQ: SCYX) with a Buy rating and a price target of $15.
The buy thesis has 3 points:
1) SCY-078 for IC (invasive candidiasis) has the potential to be best-in-class antifungal with the only IV to oral step down available for first line treatment of IC, if approved. Peak end market sales could be $1B+, by our estimates
2) SCY-078 for rVVC (recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis, 4+ a year) has the potential to address an unmet need with greater efficacy than the standard of care. Peak end market sales could reach ~$500MM if the drug is approved. There could be spillover into acute VVC (women who get close to 4 yeast infections a year, or women with severe symptoms)
3) SCYX is an attractive company in a consolidating industry
SCYX’s Specialty Pharma peers trade at a forward EV/EBIT of 9.2x. Specialty Pharma companies have historically been acquired at EV/EBITDA multiples of 13.5x, which means the EV/EBIT multiple could be even higher. Although there is not a perfect comp for SCYX, other similar companies have market caps or have been acquired for a range of $163MM to $5,200MM leaving the company comfortably below the range with a market cap of only $48MM.
Shares of SCYNEXIS closed at $2.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Parker-Hannifin (PH) Ahead of Acquisition Close
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesLouise Chen, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!