Scynexis (SCYX): Attractive Drug, Low Valuation, Consolidating Industry - Guggeheim
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Guggenheim analyst, Louise Chen, initiated coverage on shares of SCYNEXIS (NASDAQ: SCYX) with a Buy rating and a price target of $15.
The buy thesis has 3 points:
1) SCY-078 for IC (invasive candidiasis) has the potential to be best-in-class antifungal with the only IV to oral step down available for first line treatment of IC, if approved. Peak end market sales could be $1B+, by our estimates
2) SCY-078 for rVVC (recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis, 4+ a year) has the potential to address an unmet need with greater efficacy than the standard of care. Peak end market sales could reach ~$500MM if the drug is approved. There could be spillover into acute VVC (women who get close to 4 yeast infections a year, or women with severe symptoms)
3) SCYX is an attractive company in a consolidating industry
SCYX’s Specialty Pharma peers trade at a forward EV/EBIT of 9.2x. Specialty Pharma companies have historically been acquired at EV/EBITDA multiples of 13.5x, which means the EV/EBIT multiple could be even higher. Although there is not a perfect comp for SCYX, other similar companies have market caps or have been acquired for a range of $163MM to $5,200MM leaving the company comfortably below the range with a market cap of only $48MM.
Shares of SCYNEXIS closed at $2.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macquarie Downgrades SCANA Corp (SCG) to Neutral, Says "We Don't Want To Push Our Luck"
- Sanchez Energy (SN) PT Raised to $16 at FBR Capital; Reiterates Outperform
- Cowen Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesLouise Chen, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!