Sarepta Therapeutic (SRPT) Target Ratcheted Higher at Needham & Company
- Top 10 News for 7/28 - 8/1: FOMC Tapers Further, Rates Still Intact; Jobs Growth Elusive in July; Argentina Defaults. Again.
- July Nonfarm Payrolls 209K vs 230K Expected, UE Rate 6.2% vs 6.1%
- Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c
- Mobileye (MBLY) IPO Opens at $36
- GM (GM) July U.S. Auto Sales Rose 9.4%, Missing Expectations Amid Double-Digit Pickup, SUV Gains
Needham & Company analyst Chad Messer, Ph.D reiterated a Buy rating on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) and boosted his price target from $36 to $52 after a path to accelerated approval of was reached with the FDA.
"Based on a guidance letter recently received from the FDA, Sarepta expects to file an NDA for eteplirsen in Duchenne's muscular dystrophy (DMD) by year end. This development opens up the possibility of a 2015 approval, exceeding our previous assumptions by a year," Messer said.
He added, "Our previous $36 target was based on a conservative scenario for eteplirsen approval that assumed an additional confirmatory study in exon 51 patients would need to be completed before NDA filing making approval unlikely before 2H:16. We now look for a potential 2H:15 approval. We additionally point out that the regulatory risk for Sarepta is substantially lower given clear FDA guidance."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $24.40 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Chairman Goolsbee Resigns; Interim Appointee Named
- Expedia (EXPE) PT Raised to $95 at FBR Capital on Strong Q2
- Expedia (EXPE) PT Goes to $90 at RBC Capital Post Q2
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!