Sarepta Therapeutic (SRPT) Target Ratcheted Higher at Needham & Company
- Top 10 News for 7/27 - 7/31: Teva Makes it Official with Allergan; China Stock Slide Continues; Revised Q2 GDP Misses Mark
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Posts Q2 EPS of $1.00
- TerraForm Global (GLBL) IPO Opens at $14
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/31: (YRCW) (MGI) (HTCH) Higher; (EYEG) (RADA) (OCN) Lower
- UPS (UPS) to Acquire Coyote Logistics in $1.8B Deal
Needham & Company analyst Chad Messer, Ph.D reiterated a Buy rating on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) and boosted his price target from $36 to $52 after a path to accelerated approval of was reached with the FDA.
"Based on a guidance letter recently received from the FDA, Sarepta expects to file an NDA for eteplirsen in Duchenne's muscular dystrophy (DMD) by year end. This development opens up the possibility of a 2015 approval, exceeding our previous assumptions by a year," Messer said.
He added, "Our previous $36 target was based on a conservative scenario for eteplirsen approval that assumed an additional confirmatory study in exon 51 patients would need to be completed before NDA filing making approval unlikely before 2H:16. We now look for a potential 2H:15 approval. We additionally point out that the regulatory risk for Sarepta is substantially lower given clear FDA guidance."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $24.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Mattson Technology (MTSN) Following 2Q15
- LinkedIn (LNKD) Strong Q2 and Conservative Guidance Create Buying Opportunity, Needham & Company Says
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Coherent, Inc. (COHR) to $68 Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!