Sarepta Therapeutic (SRPT) Target Ratcheted Higher at Needham & Company
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/31: (IMPV) (GCAP) (GRPN) Higher; (AEGR) (ADNC) (RM) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
Needham & Company analyst Chad Messer, Ph.D reiterated a Buy rating on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) and boosted his price target from $36 to $52 after a path to accelerated approval of was reached with the FDA.
"Based on a guidance letter recently received from the FDA, Sarepta expects to file an NDA for eteplirsen in Duchenne's muscular dystrophy (DMD) by year end. This development opens up the possibility of a 2015 approval, exceeding our previous assumptions by a year," Messer said.
He added, "Our previous $36 target was based on a conservative scenario for eteplirsen approval that assumed an additional confirmatory study in exon 51 patients would need to be completed before NDA filing making approval unlikely before 2H:16. We now look for a potential 2H:15 approval. We additionally point out that the regulatory risk for Sarepta is substantially lower given clear FDA guidance."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $24.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT): FDA Expects Eteplirsen Will Qualify for Priority Review
- Deutsche Bank Upgrades YRC Worldwide (YRCW) to Buy
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades PACCAR (PCAR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!