Sarepta Therapeutic (SRPT) Target Ratcheted Higher at Needham & Company
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
Needham & Company analyst Chad Messer, Ph.D reiterated a Buy rating on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) and boosted his price target from $36 to $52 after a path to accelerated approval of was reached with the FDA.
"Based on a guidance letter recently received from the FDA, Sarepta expects to file an NDA for eteplirsen in Duchenne's muscular dystrophy (DMD) by year end. This development opens up the possibility of a 2015 approval, exceeding our previous assumptions by a year," Messer said.
He added, "Our previous $36 target was based on a conservative scenario for eteplirsen approval that assumed an additional confirmatory study in exon 51 patients would need to be completed before NDA filing making approval unlikely before 2H:16. We now look for a potential 2H:15 approval. We additionally point out that the regulatory risk for Sarepta is substantially lower given clear FDA guidance."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $24.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hibbett Sport (HIBB) PT Lifted to $58 at Needham & Company on 'Beat and Raise' Qtr
- AO Smith (AOS) PT, Estimate Raised at Jefferies Following Meetings
- Imperial Capital Downgrades Datawatch Corp (DWCH) to In-Line
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!