Sarepta Therapeutic (SRPT) Target Ratcheted Higher at Needham & Company
- Top 10 News for 12/15 - 12/19: Russia Raises Rates, Ruble Retreats; U.S., Cuba Get Friendly; Sony Crumbles Under Pressure
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Facebook's (FB) Instagram is Bigger and Better than Twitter (TWTR), Should Be Worth $35 Billion - Citi
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Fed's Williams Says June Good Time to Consider 'Lift-Off'
Needham & Company analyst Chad Messer, Ph.D reiterated a Buy rating on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) and boosted his price target from $36 to $52 after a path to accelerated approval of was reached with the FDA.
"Based on a guidance letter recently received from the FDA, Sarepta expects to file an NDA for eteplirsen in Duchenne's muscular dystrophy (DMD) by year end. This development opens up the possibility of a 2015 approval, exceeding our previous assumptions by a year," Messer said.
He added, "Our previous $36 target was based on a conservative scenario for eteplirsen approval that assumed an additional confirmatory study in exon 51 patients would need to be completed before NDA filing making approval unlikely before 2H:16. We now look for a potential 2H:15 approval. We additionally point out that the regulatory risk for Sarepta is substantially lower given clear FDA guidance."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $24.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SunTrust Downgrades Walgreen (WAG) to Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Maintains Buy Rating on Finish Line (FINL), Trims Price Target
- Red Hat (RHT) PT Raised to $74 at UBS on Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!