Sarepta Therapeutic (SRPT) Target Ratcheted Higher at Needham & Company
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Misses Q2 EPS by 12c; Sees FY15 Core Earnings In-Line to Down Versus Prior Year
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 1/27: (NFEC) (SIMG) (ADXS) Higher; (STAA) (STRL) (JJSF) Lower
- Caterpillar (CAT) Misses Q4 EPS by 20c; Guides FY15 EPS Well Below the Street
- Fed Can Wait Longer on Rate Hike; Morgan Stanley Pushes Back 'Liftoff' Forecast to March 2016
- Pfizer (PFE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY15 Outlook
Needham & Company analyst Chad Messer, Ph.D reiterated a Buy rating on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) and boosted his price target from $36 to $52 after a path to accelerated approval of was reached with the FDA.
"Based on a guidance letter recently received from the FDA, Sarepta expects to file an NDA for eteplirsen in Duchenne's muscular dystrophy (DMD) by year end. This development opens up the possibility of a 2015 approval, exceeding our previous assumptions by a year," Messer said.
He added, "Our previous $36 target was based on a conservative scenario for eteplirsen approval that assumed an additional confirmatory study in exon 51 patients would need to be completed before NDA filing making approval unlikely before 2H:16. We now look for a potential 2H:15 approval. We additionally point out that the regulatory risk for Sarepta is substantially lower given clear FDA guidance."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $24.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Angie's List (ANGI) Price Target Trimmed at Northland Capital Markets; Consensus Too Optimistic
- Stratasys (SSYS) Target Cut But Top Pick Rating Maintained at Jefferies
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades KBR, Inc. (KBR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!