Sarepta Therapeutic (SRPT) PT Raised to $81 at Needham & Company
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company analyst Chad Messer reiterated a Buy rating and raised his price target on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) to $81.00 (from $47.00) following eteplirsen approval.
Messer commented, "The FDA has granted conditional approval to eteplirsen (Exondys 51) stating that data on dystrophin production was "reasonably likely to predict clinical benefit". We conclude from this statement that the Western blots from the 1st 13 PROMOVI subjects must have been convincing, which bodes well for the study as a whole as well as for the ongoing ESSENCE study. While the FDA approval letter to Sarepta contains some additional post approval requirements beyond our expectations, the prospect of commercial sales beginning shortly more than mitigates the added expense. While the regulatory saga at Sarepta may be over, we think the company's story as drug developers in DMD is just beginning. We reiterate our Buy rating and are raising our price target to $81."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $28.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
- Needham & Company Downgrades Vascular Solutions (VASC) to Hold Amid Takeover
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!