Sarepta (SRPT) Bullish View Reiterated at Needham & Company on Expanded European DMD Pipeline
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst Chad Messer reiterated a Buy rating and $81 price target on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) as the company expands its European DMD pipeline with the ezutromid deal.
Messer commented, "Sarepta is acquiring EU rights to Duchenne's muscular dystrophy (DMD) treatment ezutromid from Summit Therapeutics for $40M upfront. While we do not forecast ezutromid approval until at least 2019, the deal gives SRPT another shot on goal and we believe helps establish it as a leader in DMD therapy. Perhaps as important, we expect the collaboration to accelerate development of combination therapies which we expect will become the standard of care in DMD in the future. Notably, Sarepta also recently signed a collaboration agreement with Catabasis to study their NF-kB targeted DMD therapy in combination with Exondys 51. We maintain our Buy rating and $81 price target. Separately, we introduce a new model for US Exondys launch."
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutic closed at $62.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GenMark Diagnostics (GNMK) PT Raised to $15 at Needham & Company
- Needham & Company Reiterates Strong Buy on KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Ahead of 2Q Report
- Kornit Digital (KRNT) to Offer 7M Ordinary Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!