Sanofi (SNY): Berenberg Expects 2017 To Be A Tough Year For Diabetes
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Berenberg analyst, Alistair Campbell, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Sanofi-Aventis (NYSE: SNY) after the company reported Q2 results and is guiding towards stable EPS at constant exchange rates. The analyst has reduced his expectations for Lantus sales in 2017 following recent news on contracting. This lower bar is partially offset by a more optimistic outlook for Toujeo and the multiple sclerosis portfolio, both of which are performing well. The net result is a 4%/1% cut to 2017/18 EPS figures, with later forecasts largely unchanged.
The analyst stated "At Q2 results we gained the first insight into the 2017 contracting cycle in the basal insulin space. Negotiations were described as being “relatively intense”, although a blanket exclusion of Lantus from formularies was “hard to imagine”, according to management. We have since seen signs that exclusions will, in fact, likely be a feature of key formularies in 2017. CVS has opted to exclude glargine products from its main plan, and Express Scripts may well follow suit".
No change to the price target of $93.00
Shares of Sanofi-Aventis closed at $40.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!