SanDisk (SNDK) Bullish Stance Reiterated at Needham & Company Post Q2
- Alcoa (AA) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c
- Market Wrap: Inflation Tops Fed's Rate Concerns; Alcoa Offers Q3 Kickoff Dud; Jobless Claims at 42-Year Low
- Fed Officials Said 'Prudent' to Wait for Clarity on Outlook
- Republicans in chaos as favorite quits House leadership race
- After Hours Stocks Movers 10/08: (HELE) (ASNA) Higher; (LDRH) (RT) (GPS) (more...)
Needham & Company analyst Rajvindra Gill reiterated a Buy rating and $115 price target on SanDisk (NASDAQ: SNDK) following Q2 results, saying shares should reset after mixed guidance although the long-term outlook remains favorable.
SNDK nicely beat 2Q14 ests, but guided 3Q topline slightly lower than the Street ($1.70BN vs $1.74BN) due to unexpected supply constraints. With the stock up 40% YTD (vs 20% for SOX) and 7% in the past month (vs 4% SOX), expectations were clearly high entering into the print. SNDK saw a surge in SSD growth which required more 19nm bits, and hence reduced overall NAND supply, leading to slightly lower outlook. However, we believe this situation is temporary and we expect SNDK will add wafer capacity in the 4Q. Net, we think SNDK's improving mix to enterprise SSDs & embedded is a good model long term. Maintain Buy, $115 PT.
Shares of SanDisk closed at $107.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Piper Jaffray Raises Price target on Global Payments (GPN) to $133 Following 14c EPS Beat
- KeyBanc Downgrades BioMed Realty (BMR) to Sector Weight
- KeyBanc Starts Rowan Companies (RDC) at Sector Weight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!