Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Halt a Positive for Apple (AAPL) - RBC
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani weighed in on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) amid news rival Samsung is halting production and sales of its Galaxy Note 7.
"We think the discontinuation of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 should enable incremental share gain opportunities for the iPhone 7+, which will be a positive for AAPL, particularly if we see mix shift toward the 5.5" device which carries a $120 premium vs. the standard 4.7" form factor," Daryanani said.
He added, "Assuming ~20% of the 2.5M customers with the affected Samsung devices switch to the iPhone 7+, we think AAPL could see incremental revenue (~$400M) and EPS ($0.02-0.03) upside for AAPL's Dec-qtr. This is in addition to the larger share gain potential from the 10M+ unit opportunity (original Note 7 forecast) up for grabs for Dec-qtr (20% of this opportunity would be materially positive for AAPL). Longer term, the absence of a high end, large form factor competing offering from Samsung should help drive a stronger than initially feared iPhone 7 cycle for AAPL. Net/Net – The sales halt of Samsung's Note 7 should help provide an incremental lift not only for the Dec-qtr guide, but also upside potential throughout the duration of the iPhone 7 cycle."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $125.
Shares of Apple closed at $116.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) Long-Term Thesis Still Playing Out, Remains Top Pick - RBC Capital
- RBC Capital Starts Verisk Analytics (VRSK) at Sector Perform
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!