Rovi Corp. (ROVI): DISH Deal Could Accelerate Comcast Settlement - B.Riley
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
B. Riley analyst, Eric Wold, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Rovi Corp. (NASDAQ: ROVI) after the company announced a 10-year license renewal with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) for the pre-paid license that expired in April.
The analyst stated "Not only does this remove one more lingering investor renewal concern centering on the validity/value of ROVI’s IP, but this (in combination with the acquisition of TiVo) should drive a sizable guidance boost on the Q3 earnings call. We also believe this should provide ROVI with a positive tailwind into the ITC hearing against Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) in December and could help drive an earlier settlement/license.
No change to the price target of $31.
Shares of Rovi Corp. closed at $20.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesB. Riley, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!