Roth Says Quest Resource (QRHC) Q2 Results Inline, but SG&A Continues to Run High
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Roth Capital affirms Quest Resource Holding (Nasdaq: QRHC) with a Buy rating and $6 price target following Q2 results issued Monday.
Analyst Gerry Sweeney commented,
Quest reported revenue and gross profit in line with our expectations; however, SG&A continues to run higher than modeled as Earth911 continues to be evaluated for profitability or potential monetization. Gross margins are being driven by existing contract review of “up or out” new contract wins and deployment of select hard assets to support Quest's core recycling initiatives. We believe we are in the early cycle of margin expansion opportunity and will watch closely for operating line expense controls.
On pperating costs, Sweeney elaborated,
Quest’s core business is profitable, but public costs and Earth911 weigh down profitability. We estimate public costs are $2.5 – $3.0mm and Earth911 is $1mm annually. Earth911 is a unique asset with thousands of views a month; however, monetizing the site remains a challenge. Management is exploring opportunities to bring the site to cost neutral and if not will likely explore strategic alternatives. We believe either event should occur in the next 6-9 months. The key moving forward is to leverage the existing operations base as new, more profitable business is added and existing contracts are improved. Revenue and gross margin was up 11% y/y while costs were up 7%; as gross margin ticks up towards 10% this spread should increase.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRoth Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!