Roth Capital Trims PT on Ligand Pharma (LGND) to $150 Amid New Kyprolis Data (AMGN)
- Wall Street falls ahead of inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The firm commented,
This is an unfortunate bump for Kyprolis. While Amgen has additional studies ongoing in the front-line setting, we believe that while product revenue will continue to grow, it could negatively impact the "slope" of the curve. Our adjusted revenue numbers for Kyprolis are below. With the negative data, Kyprolis remains in the negative perception zone for many, especially based on continuing commentary regarding the competitive landscape (Darzalex). We point to KOL feedback for the need of a proteasome inhibitor backbone and Kyprolis significantly outperformed Velcade in later treatment lines. Looking to our overall investment case for Ligand, we invoke our unchanged thesis of the company having a "buffered" downside based on negative partnered news based on 1) current core revenue streams, 2) new revenue streams just added and anticipated and 3) the sheer depth of the pipeline to spread overall risk out dramatically, in our belief.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roth Capital Downgrades Ideal Power (IPWR) to Neutral
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $115 at Oppenheimer
- CSX (CSX) PT Raised to $51 at Citi as Hunter Harrison Makes Moves
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Related EntitiesRoth Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!