Roth Capital Sees Ballard Power's (BLDP) Deal with Toyota as 'Significant' Positive; Affirms at 'Buy'
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Roth Capital affirms Ballard Power (Nasdaq: BLDP) with a Buy rating and $2.50 price target after the company announced that it has signed a Distribution Agreement with Toyota Tsusho Corporation ("TTC), a member Company of the Toyota Group.
Analyst Craig Irwin commented on Thursday,
We see this as a significant incremental positive given Japanese government support for rising fuel cell investment, and active vehicle deployments. The anticipated Japanese launch of various fuel cell buses and forklifts could present an important incremental opportunity for Ballard, in our view.
The Japanese government appears to be ramping its commitment to the fuel cell space. Reports indicate Japan plans to spend $100m on development of hydrogen infrastructure and various other hydrogen initiatives over the next five years.
Sales momentum for the Toyota Mirai appears well supported with global targets of 2,000 units shipped in 2016, and 3,000 units in 2017. We understand that Toyota and Honda combined are targeting 6,000 fuel cell vehicles on the road in Japan by the Olympics, with 35 new hydrogen refueling stations, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ballard Lands Initial Sale of Fuel Cell Engines to Yinlong for Zero-Emission Buses in Beijing
- RBC Capital Starts Sysco (SYY) at Sector Perform
- Ballard Subsidiary Protonex Achieves Commercial Export Status For Power Manager Products
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRoth Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!