Roth Capital Says, Amid Global Water's (GWRS) Muddle Q2, Key Catalysts Approach
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Roth Capital affirms Global Water Resources (NASDAQ: GWRS) at Buy with a price target of $10.50 folloing Q2 results reported Thursday night.
Analyst Gery Sweeney commented today,
Global is coming off a watershed 18 months where it divested of underperforming assets, strengthened the balance sheet, refinanced debt and is seeing growth in its core asset base. While the second quarter was muddied by one-time costs, Global began to highlight key initiatives for the next couple years including capital spending (positive for rate base and earnings) and improving acquisition landscape. All in we could see 7-10% revenue growth as these items take hold in 2017+.
On upcoming catalysts, Sweeney said,
Global can offset a potential $52 mm gain from its Valencia sale with the investment in infrastructure or acquisitions of "like assets." Global will likely pull forward as much of its five year planned investment ($18-$20mm) as possible over next 18 months. This results in cap-ex of $8-10mm in 2016 & 2017 up from $2-3mm, but should help top line and operating expenses. Recent refinancing of debt offsets the increased spend. Acquisitions are the other potential catalyst. The Arizona regulator recognizes there are undercapitalized, poorly run systems which would benefit under the umbrella of well capitalized systems and is encouraging acquisitions. This should make accretive acquisition activity easier to achieve. Both moves essentially provide a 38% savings (tax rate) to both moves as they leverage the deferred tax gain.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRoth Capital, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!