Roth Capital Positive on Stemline Therapeutics (STML) Ahead of ASH Amid SL-701 'Surprise'
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Roth Capital affirms Stemline Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: STML) at Buy with a price target of $32 ahead of ASH and important SL-401 updates.
Analyst Joseph Pantginis commented today,
While all focus has been on SL-401 and the important upcoming at ASH in December, the Phase II SL-701 study has essentially been running under the radar. Data are now being released because of the level of responses seen, the benign safety profile and interest in potential next steps for SL-701. While Avastin is a marginal drug for recurrent GBM, we believe is an appropriate combination drug for a vaccine approach. To this end, other have shown that the target of Avastin, VEGF, negatively modulates the activity of dendritic cells. Therefore, Avastin could help to potentiate the activity of SL-701. As the data continue to mature, the company will meet with lead investigators to determine the next potential steps for the product and these could include, 1) a randomized registration study such as '701 +/- Avastin, in our belief, or 2) a study with a checkpoint inhibitor, where checkpoints alone have shown only modest activity in GBM. We await several important updates at ASH, highlighted by clinical updates from the SL-401 clinical programs in BPDCN, AML and other MPNs. With Breakthrough in hand, the major visibility we await is the outcome of the upcoming Type B meeting with the FDA.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesRoth Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!