Roth Capital Positive on Ligand Pharma (LGND) Ahead of Sept. Catalysts; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Roth Capital affirms Ligand Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: LGND) with a Buy rating and $149 price target today and offers to remind investors about catalysts coming up this month, which includes the
Phase IIb sparsentan data in FSGS patients being developed by partner Retrophin (Nasdaq: RTRX).
Analyst Joseph Pantginis said,
We believe that the sparsentan data will be an important driver for Ligand (9% royalty if approved) and we expect the data to be positive. We also look forward to regulatory visibility as this study could lead to accelerated approval of the drug based on the proteinuria surrogate (primary endpoint of study).
Our 3Q16 revenue estimates include: 1) $163 million for Promacta, 2) $191 million for Kyprolis and 3) $2.1 million for Evomela (first full quarter of revenue). While much of LGND's bear case remains around Kyprolis' competition, expanded labels, new geographies, upcoming Phase III data and physician commentary for the need of a proteasome inhibitor backbone, leave our thesis for the product unchanged.
The fundamental thesis for Ligand continues to improve, in our belief, based on 1) the "buffer" of its core, growing revenue streams from Promacta/Kyprolis, 2) more recent and anticipated revenue streams and 4) the broad depth of the pipeline. Second, we look for increasing traction from recently launched Evomela.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesRoth Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!