Roth Capital Affirms Ligand Pharma (LGND) at 'Buy' Following Initiation of LGD-6972 Phase 2 in T2D
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Roth Capital affirms Ligand Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: LGND) at Buy with a price target of $151 after the company announced the initiation of a Phase 2 clinical trial with the Company’s glucagon receptor antagonist LGD-6972 for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
Analyst Joseph Pantginis commented today:
This study initiation is an important event for LGND, in our belief. It represents a new category of potential value drivers for the company. Since the company now has the financial resources, in can selectively move assets through a further stage of development. This should result in added de-risking of the program which could yield higher economic value to the company when/if outlicensed. At ADA 2015, LGND presented impressive data (in our belief) from a Phase Ib multiple ascending dose (MAD) data for LGD-6972. The detailed data are shown below, but this was a randomized, double-blind, placebocontrolled study where both healthy volunteers and type 2 diabetic patients saw increasing doses of the drug with a 14-day dosing period. Three doses were tested, 5, 10 and 15 mg and pharmacokinetic data support once per day dosing. 14-day data show a safe and well tolerated profile and importantly, no SAEs or treatment discontinuation. From an efficacy standpoint, '6972 lowered fasting plasma glucose throughout the 14-day period in a dose dependent fashion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesRoth Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!