Rosenblatt Starts AK Steel (AKS) at Buy
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Rosenblatt initiates coverage on AK Steel (NYSE: AKS) with a Buy rating and a price target of $6.00.
Analyst Chris Olin commented, "Consistent with the recent positive outlook issued on the steel industry, we believe AKS is undervalued in relation to the 2017 earnings potential. Our independent survey work in the carbon sheet markets previously indicated some near-term weakness in downstream orders and mill pricing. However, we believe the late summer correction was driven by seasonal factors and channel uncertainty rather than a complete breakdown in industry fundamentals. The core catalysts remain visible for the main U.S. producers: (1) slow improvements in underlying steel consumption; (2) a reduced number of low-priced import offers following many favorable trade case decisions; (3) better managed steel capacity and controlled production in North America; and (4) tight inventory holding positions. This should provide a higher price floor for the flat rolled product over the next 2-3 years."
Shares of AK Steel closed at $4.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- RBC Capital Neutral on GE's (GE) Q3 Report, Outlook; Reaffirms at 'Outperform'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Rosenblatt
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!