Rosenblatt Starts AK Steel (AKS) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Rosenblatt initiates coverage on AK Steel (NYSE: AKS) with a Buy rating and a price target of $6.00.
Analyst Chris Olin commented, "Consistent with the recent positive outlook issued on the steel industry, we believe AKS is undervalued in relation to the 2017 earnings potential. Our independent survey work in the carbon sheet markets previously indicated some near-term weakness in downstream orders and mill pricing. However, we believe the late summer correction was driven by seasonal factors and channel uncertainty rather than a complete breakdown in industry fundamentals. The core catalysts remain visible for the main U.S. producers: (1) slow improvements in underlying steel consumption; (2) a reduced number of low-priced import offers following many favorable trade case decisions; (3) better managed steel capacity and controlled production in North America; and (4) tight inventory holding positions. This should provide a higher price floor for the flat rolled product over the next 2-3 years."
Shares of AK Steel closed at $4.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Rosenblatt
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!