Rodman & Renshaw Starts Ring Energy, Inc. (REI) at Buy
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Rodman & Renshaw initiated coverage on Ring Energy, Inc. (NYSE: REI) with a Buy rating and a price target of $15. Analyst Noel Parks sees large upside potential.
"Our target is based on our risked net asset valuation (RNAV) for the company's proved and potential reserves. The upside implied by our target represents our risk-weighted model of future reserve growth, giving credit for Ring’s portfolio of sizable, emerging crude oil development plays," said Parks.
Discussing valuation, the analyst said, " On an EV/ boe basis, REI trades at a wide discount to the peers, probably because of the misconception that its conventional-only targets lack sizable upside, since the Basin’s unconventional plays are dominating investors’ interest. REI is at $18.00/boe vs. $34.39/boe for its pureplay Permian peers."
Shares of Ring Energy, Inc. closed at $10.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesRodman & Renshaw, Crude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!