Rodman & Renshaw Starts Resolute Energy (REN) at Buy
- Stock futures rise as flurry of deal activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices fall as Iraq resists joining output cut
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Rodman & Renshaw initiated coverage on Resolute Energy (NYSE: REN) with a Buy rating and a price target of $32. Analyst Noel Parks anticipates growth.
"5 most recent Delaware Basin wells should boost proved reserves 44% compared to EOY 2015 levels, and the company may drill 21 wells next year. The five wells brought online this year are expected to add 14.5 mmboe of net proved reserves, including proved undeveloped (PUD) locations, representing a head-turning 44% boost to last year’s 33 mmboe of proved reserves. Impressively, the best recent wells saw peak IP rates of 3,300 boe/d, far above the 1,500 boe/d of Resolute's 2014-15 results," said Parks.
"REN shares are trading at a discount (14.1x EV/CF vs. 16.2x for peers) based on 2016 CF multiples, but then swing to a wide premium on 2017 metrics (25.0x for REN vs. 14.6x). However, this is largely due to the roll-off of Resolute’s unusually strong, $80/bbl hedges at the end of 2016. For production growth, the more important metric in our view, we anticipate 70%+ in 2017, as the company expands its drilling," added the analyst.
Shares of Resolute Energy closed at $25.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on PPG Industries (PPG) - PT to $113
- H.C. Wainwright Downgrades Vertex (VRTX) to Neutral
- BTIG Starts Fulgent Genetics (FLGT) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Momentum Movers, New Coverage
Related EntitiesRodman & Renshaw
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!