Rodman & Renshaw Starts Oasmia Pharmaceuticals (OASM) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Rodman & Renshaw initiated coverage on Oasmia Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: OASM) with a Buy rating and a price target of $6. Analyst Raghuram Selvaraju highlighted its risk-mitigated, cost-effective approach to drug development.
"In our view, this company constitutes a risk-mitigated opportunity due to: (1) its exclusive focus on developing next-generation formulations of approved drugs with well-known efficacy profiles in oncology indications; (2) its strategy to secure product approvals based on the 505(b)(2) regulatory pathway in the U.S. and the Mixed Application pathway in Europe, which permits accelerated review and allows submission of data facilitating approval based on clinical bioequivalence against marketed agents rather than head-to-head efficacy trials; (3) Oasmia's targeting of both human and veterinary health applications; and (4) its unique ability to develop truly water-soluble formulations, which eschew a need for toxic excipients and thus provide the advantage of better safety and tolerability while improving dosing simplicity and convenience," said Selvaraju.
Shares of Oasmia Pharmaceuticals closed at $3.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesRodman & Renshaw
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!