Rodman & Renshaw Starts Cellect Biotechnology (APOP) at Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Rodman & Renshaw initiates coverage on Cellect Biotechnology (NASDAQ: APOP) with a Buy rating and a price target of $10. Analsyt Raghuram Selvaraju sees Cellect Biotechnology as a capital-efficient, optimized stem cell platform company.
"We are initiating coverage on Cellect Biotechnology Ltd., an Israeli biotechnology company focusing on a novel technology platform, Powered by Cellect™, which is aimed at optimizing the selection of stem cells by specifically eliminating harmful immune cells from bone marrow-derived cell populations taken from allogeneic (i.e., nontissue matched) donors, thus creating a pure population that can be transplanted into patients without severe side effects such as graftvs.-host disease (GvHD)," said Selvaraju.
The analyst added, "In our view, the scientific underpinnings of the technology—using an apoptosis (programmed cell death)-inducing signal to selectively kill immune cells in donor material while maintaining the viability of the stem cell population to be transplanted—constitute significant de-risking factors. Cellect is embarking upon a proof-ofconcept Phase 1/2 trial in Israel, which involves leukemia patients undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT), previously known as bone marrow transplant (BMT). In our view, if this trial yields positive interim data (early to mid-2017), it could prove transformative and facilitate entry into pivotal testing. Cellect is very capital-efficient, with an accumulated deficit of only $7.1M since inception in 2011."
Shares of Cellect Biotechnology closed at $3.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesRodman & Renshaw
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!