Rodman & Renshaw Starts Cellect Biotechnology (APOP) at Buy
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Rodman & Renshaw initiates coverage on Cellect Biotechnology (NASDAQ: APOP) with a Buy rating and a price target of $10. Analsyt Raghuram Selvaraju sees Cellect Biotechnology as a capital-efficient, optimized stem cell platform company.
"We are initiating coverage on Cellect Biotechnology Ltd., an Israeli biotechnology company focusing on a novel technology platform, Powered by Cellect™, which is aimed at optimizing the selection of stem cells by specifically eliminating harmful immune cells from bone marrow-derived cell populations taken from allogeneic (i.e., nontissue matched) donors, thus creating a pure population that can be transplanted into patients without severe side effects such as graftvs.-host disease (GvHD)," said Selvaraju.
The analyst added, "In our view, the scientific underpinnings of the technology—using an apoptosis (programmed cell death)-inducing signal to selectively kill immune cells in donor material while maintaining the viability of the stem cell population to be transplanted—constitute significant de-risking factors. Cellect is embarking upon a proof-ofconcept Phase 1/2 trial in Israel, which involves leukemia patients undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT), previously known as bone marrow transplant (BMT). In our view, if this trial yields positive interim data (early to mid-2017), it could prove transformative and facilitate entry into pivotal testing. Cellect is very capital-efficient, with an accumulated deficit of only $7.1M since inception in 2011."
Shares of Cellect Biotechnology closed at $3.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) to $52; Reiterates Outperform
- Berenberg Upgrades Nucor (NUE) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesRodman & Renshaw
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!