Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Rodman & Renshaw initiated coverage on Abraxas Petroleum (NASDAQ: AXAS) with a Buy rating and a price target of $3. Analyst Noel Parks thinks Austin Chalk and Wolfcamp testing represent potential catalysts.
"We are initiating coverage of Abraxas with a Buy rating and a $3.00 per share price target, based on our risk-weighted net asset valuation model. (See Exhibit 10.) AXAS's current price is not much above our NAV for the company's proved reserves alone (which is $1.32 per share), essentially giving investors the Austin Chalk and Delaware Basin upside for free. Though AXAS is up a robust 69% YTD, far exceeding the +10% change in the S&P 500, it lags the 94% rise of its multi-play peers and trades at a pronounced CF discount to them at 4.7x 2017 EV/CF vs. 10.7x for the group. We believe that solid and repeatable results in either of the new plays could close the gap with peers in short order, potentially proving our price target conservative," said Parks.
Shares of Abraxas Petroleum closed at $1.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- BTIG Starts VASCO Data Security (VDSI) at Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Rodman & Renshaw
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!