Rodman & Renshaw Downgrades Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX) to Neutral
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Wall Street set to open flat after record day
- Oil rallies over $50 despite OPEC output cut doubts
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Rodman & Renshaw downgraded Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $23.00 (from $81.00). The change follows its Q3 revenue and earnings miss.
Analyst Raghuram Selvaraju said, "In its financial results for 3Q16 reported earlier this week, Valeant reported adjusted cash EPS of $1.55 vs. our projection of $1.71, along with revenues of $2.48B vs. our projection of $2.53B for the quarter. The tone struck on the conference call was markedly different from that observed in only the previous quarter, with management indicating expectations for a sequential decline not only for the final quarter of 2016—traditionally a seasonally strong one for the company—but also, more disturbingly, for 2017 as well. Since we cannot forecast when the company might return to growth, and given the continuing litany of risks that Valeant faces, including ongoing legal challenges, subpoenas, regulatory warning letters, and possible criminal investigations of its former executives, we believe that the prudent move would be to step to the sidelines at this juncture."
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $16.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
- Lululemon (LULU) Q3 'Solid Beat Across the Board', PT to $82 - Susquehanna
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Raising Estimates, Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesRodman & Renshaw, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!