Risk Of Debt Restructuring at Valeant (VRX) is Increasing; PT Range to $10-$13 - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris said the risk of restructuring at Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) is increasing following disappointing results and outlook.
The firm is lowering 2016 adjusted EPS estimate from $6.64 to $5.76 and 2017 adjusted EPS estimate from $7.56 to $5.41 and their valuation range from $17-$22 to $10-$13.
"Following the guidance reset and commentary on 2017, we are less certain Valeant has the ability to meet its obligations without refinancing, and we think following 3Q results, a refinancing would be much more expensive," Maris said. "We estimate first lien secured debt rates perhaps 200bps higher than a week earlier and that the unsecured market may currently be unavailable."
The firm maintained an Underperform rating.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $17.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Ionis Pharma (IONS): Cutting PT But Improving Fundamentals - BMO
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Noble Energy (NBL) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!