Risk Of Debt Restructuring at Valeant (VRX) is Increasing; PT Range to $10-$13 - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst David Maris said the risk of restructuring at Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) is increasing following disappointing results and outlook.
The firm is lowering 2016 adjusted EPS estimate from $6.64 to $5.76 and 2017 adjusted EPS estimate from $7.56 to $5.41 and their valuation range from $17-$22 to $10-$13.
"Following the guidance reset and commentary on 2017, we are less certain Valeant has the ability to meet its obligations without refinancing, and we think following 3Q results, a refinancing would be much more expensive," Maris said. "We estimate first lien secured debt rates perhaps 200bps higher than a week earlier and that the unsecured market may currently be unavailable."
The firm maintained an Underperform rating.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $17.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!