Rigel Pharma (RIGL): Restructuring A Positive - Jefferies
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Eun Yang, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Rigel Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: RIGL) and raised the price target to $9 from $8.50 after the company announced a cost restructuring to prioritize fostamatinib commercialization. There are no changes planned for the development plans of IRAK inhibitor R191 however.
Yesterday, RIGL announced a ~38% workforce reduction (46 positions), largely in research, which is expected to complete by 12/15/16. RIGL expects the reduction to yield ~$17M-$20M in cost savings annually following a one-time $5.7M severance charge in 3Q16. The company will retain a smaller research organization to continue active programs (e.g., fosta in IgAN & AIHA, R191). RIGL also announced retirement of co-founder/EVP & president of discovery and research Donald Payan, and appointment of Eldon Mayer as EVP & CCO. Mr. Mayer previously held commercial roles at Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Connetics Corporation, Chiron Corpoartion, Alza Corporation & Schering-Plough.
Shares of Rigel Pharmaceuticals closed at $3.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ConAgra Brands (CAG) Declares $0.20 Quarterly Dividend; Adds New Board Member
- Jefferies Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Layoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!