Rigel Pharma (RIGL): Restructuring A Positive - Jefferies
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Eun Yang, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Rigel Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: RIGL) and raised the price target to $9 from $8.50 after the company announced a cost restructuring to prioritize fostamatinib commercialization. There are no changes planned for the development plans of IRAK inhibitor R191 however.
Yesterday, RIGL announced a ~38% workforce reduction (46 positions), largely in research, which is expected to complete by 12/15/16. RIGL expects the reduction to yield ~$17M-$20M in cost savings annually following a one-time $5.7M severance charge in 3Q16. The company will retain a smaller research organization to continue active programs (e.g., fosta in IgAN & AIHA, R191). RIGL also announced retirement of co-founder/EVP & president of discovery and research Donald Payan, and appointment of Eldon Mayer as EVP & CCO. Mr. Mayer previously held commercial roles at Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Connetics Corporation, Chiron Corpoartion, Alza Corporation & Schering-Plough.
Shares of Rigel Pharmaceuticals closed at $3.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- DAVIDsTEA Inc. (DTEA) CEO Toutant to Resign
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) Appoints New CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Layoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!