Rigel Pharma (RIGL): Restructuring A Positive - Jefferies
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Eun Yang, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Rigel Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: RIGL) and raised the price target to $9 from $8.50 after the company announced a cost restructuring to prioritize fostamatinib commercialization. There are no changes planned for the development plans of IRAK inhibitor R191 however.
Yesterday, RIGL announced a ~38% workforce reduction (46 positions), largely in research, which is expected to complete by 12/15/16. RIGL expects the reduction to yield ~$17M-$20M in cost savings annually following a one-time $5.7M severance charge in 3Q16. The company will retain a smaller research organization to continue active programs (e.g., fosta in IgAN & AIHA, R191). RIGL also announced retirement of co-founder/EVP & president of discovery and research Donald Payan, and appointment of Eldon Mayer as EVP & CCO. Mr. Mayer previously held commercial roles at Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Connetics Corporation, Chiron Corpoartion, Alza Corporation & Schering-Plough.
Shares of Rigel Pharmaceuticals closed at $3.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alliant Energy (LNT) CFO Tom Hanson to Retire
- PayPal (PYPL): Notes From CFO Meeting - Wedbush
- BioLineRx (BLRX) Enters ESLD in-Licensing Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Layoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!