Regeneron (REGN): Taking On A Partner - Baird
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird analyst, Brian Skorney, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Regeneron Pharma (NASDAQ: REGN) after Regeneron and Teva announced a collaboration deal for rights to fasinumab, Regneron's Phase 3 NGF antibody for chronic pain. The market for anti-NGF antibodies could be significant given the prevalence of chronic pain and osteoarthritis, but the mechanism has been plagued by safety concerns.
In return for a $250M upfront payment, Teva gains a 50% stake in the drug, worldwide (excluding other collaborations with Mitsubishi Tanabe in Asia), including rights to revenues and the obligation to pay what Regeneron estimates as about $1B in development costs. Both companies will share in commercialization costs, and Regeneron will be eligible to receive milestone payments along the way on development, regulatory, and sales-related events, worth up to almost $2.4B.
The potential market for osteoarthritis and chronic pain is estimated to be in the tens of millions of patients in the U.S. However, the anti-NGF mechanism has a troubled history and revenue from this product is likely not embedded in expectations.
No change to the price target of $448.
Shares of Regeneron Pharma closed at $406.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roth Capital Affirms Regeneron (REGN) at 'Buy' Following Eylea Phase 2 Data in Wet-AMD
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) Following Investor Day
- Regeneron (REGN) Announces EYLEA Phase 2 CAPELLA Missed Primary Endpoint in Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!