Regeneron (REGN): Taking On A Partner - Baird
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Brian Skorney, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Regeneron Pharma (NASDAQ: REGN) after Regeneron and Teva announced a collaboration deal for rights to fasinumab, Regneron's Phase 3 NGF antibody for chronic pain. The market for anti-NGF antibodies could be significant given the prevalence of chronic pain and osteoarthritis, but the mechanism has been plagued by safety concerns.
In return for a $250M upfront payment, Teva gains a 50% stake in the drug, worldwide (excluding other collaborations with Mitsubishi Tanabe in Asia), including rights to revenues and the obligation to pay what Regeneron estimates as about $1B in development costs. Both companies will share in commercialization costs, and Regeneron will be eligible to receive milestone payments along the way on development, regulatory, and sales-related events, worth up to almost $2.4B.
The potential market for osteoarthritis and chronic pain is estimated to be in the tens of millions of patients in the U.S. However, the anti-NGF mechanism has a troubled history and revenue from this product is likely not embedded in expectations.
No change to the price target of $448.
Shares of Regeneron Pharma closed at $406.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Conmed (CNMD) to $43; Reiterates Market Perform
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Raised to $925 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!