Regeneron (REGN): Reluctance To Discuss Pricing Causes a PT Revision - Chardan
- Techs buoy S&P, Nasdaq; Goldman pushes Dow to record high
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Chardan Capital Markets analyst, Gbola Amusa, reiterated his Sell rating on shares of Regeneron Pharma (NASDAQ: REGN) and cut the price target to $300 from $325 over fears that the company's reluctance to discuss drug pricing on the 3Q16 call signals negatively for price pressures, particularly on Eylea (wet AMD, DME, RVO).
On Friday morning, Regeneron reported and held a conference call to discuss financial and operating results for 3Q16. The company began the call by stating, "We know that our industry has faced many important questions regarding pricing of drugs. This is not the forum to discuss the complex issue of drug pricing...”
The analyst stated "In our experience in listening to hundreds of earnings conference calls in biopharmaceuticals, we do not recall a big cap company ever taking the issue of pricing off the table. We believe the quoted commentary from the 3Q16 conference call and the sub-optimal discussion of pricing topics during the Q&A session open the risk that pricing dynamics for Regeneron are either unknown (increasing risks in the stock) or are perhaps so negative that
consensus estimates would be downwardly revised if a robust discussion were to have occurred."
Shares of Regeneron Pharma closed at $341.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $90
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Chardan Capital Markets, Gbola Amusa
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!