Regeneron (REGN): Reluctance To Discuss Pricing Causes a PT Revision - Chardan
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Chardan Capital Markets analyst, Gbola Amusa, reiterated his Sell rating on shares of Regeneron Pharma (NASDAQ: REGN) and cut the price target to $300 from $325 over fears that the company's reluctance to discuss drug pricing on the 3Q16 call signals negatively for price pressures, particularly on Eylea (wet AMD, DME, RVO).
On Friday morning, Regeneron reported and held a conference call to discuss financial and operating results for 3Q16. The company began the call by stating, "We know that our industry has faced many important questions regarding pricing of drugs. This is not the forum to discuss the complex issue of drug pricing...”
The analyst stated "In our experience in listening to hundreds of earnings conference calls in biopharmaceuticals, we do not recall a big cap company ever taking the issue of pricing off the table. We believe the quoted commentary from the 3Q16 conference call and the sub-optimal discussion of pricing topics during the Q&A session open the risk that pricing dynamics for Regeneron are either unknown (increasing risks in the stock) or are perhaps so negative that
consensus estimates would be downwardly revised if a robust discussion were to have occurred."
Shares of Regeneron Pharma closed at $341.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Chardan Capital Markets, Gbola Amusa
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!