Red Hat (RHT): Reit Buy On Strong Billings Growth - Needham
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company analyst Scott Zeller reiterated its Buy rating on shares of Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) after the company posted quarterly results showing accelerating billings growth while the broader software community confronts IT spending headwinds.
The analyst highlighted the $1m+ deal count of 55 deals, +60% y/y, demonstrating the power of Linux upsell as it displaces UNIX and as big banks adopt Cloud Infrastructure. Billings performance of +20% y/y is the best growth rate in 18 months, and is RHT's most closely watched metric. When looking at “core” vs. “new” products, the RHEL Infrastructure group did better than expected at +18%; we note the “cloud” business (CSP, etc) is reported as part of “core” and likely supports growth.
Estimates increased for FY17, but there is no change to FY18. No change to the price target of $98 which equates to 6x EV/FY18 revenue and 23x FY17 EV/FCF.Shutterfly (NASDAQ: SFLY)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $92 at Needham & Company Following Solid 1Q Beat and Raise
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!