Red Hat (RHT): Reit Buy On Strong Billings Growth - Needham
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst Scott Zeller reiterated its Buy rating on shares of Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) after the company posted quarterly results showing accelerating billings growth while the broader software community confronts IT spending headwinds.
The analyst highlighted the $1m+ deal count of 55 deals, +60% y/y, demonstrating the power of Linux upsell as it displaces UNIX and as big banks adopt Cloud Infrastructure. Billings performance of +20% y/y is the best growth rate in 18 months, and is RHT's most closely watched metric. When looking at “core” vs. “new” products, the RHEL Infrastructure group did better than expected at +18%; we note the “cloud” business (CSP, etc) is reported as part of “core” and likely supports growth.
Estimates increased for FY17, but there is no change to FY18. No change to the price target of $98 which equates to 6x EV/FY18 revenue and 23x FY17 EV/FCF.Shutterfly (NASDAQ: SFLY)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- FBR Capital Sees Under Armour (UA) Sell-Off as Buying Opportunity
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!