Red Hat (RHT): Reit Buy On Strong Billings Growth - Needham
- Wall Street to open flat after data; oil pares losses
- Oil falls on firmer dollar and profit-taking after OPEC rally
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- Deutsche Bank woes keep stocks on steep slide
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/30: (LXK) (AUPH) (DB) Higher; (OPHT) (CAMP) (CTSH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst Scott Zeller reiterated its Buy rating on shares of Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) after the company posted quarterly results showing accelerating billings growth while the broader software community confronts IT spending headwinds.
The analyst highlighted the $1m+ deal count of 55 deals, +60% y/y, demonstrating the power of Linux upsell as it displaces UNIX and as big banks adopt Cloud Infrastructure. Billings performance of +20% y/y is the best growth rate in 18 months, and is RHT's most closely watched metric. When looking at “core” vs. “new” products, the RHEL Infrastructure group did better than expected at +18%; we note the “cloud” business (CSP, etc) is reported as part of “core” and likely supports growth.
Estimates increased for FY17, but there is no change to FY18. No change to the price target of $98 which equates to 6x EV/FY18 revenue and 23x FY17 EV/FCF.Shutterfly (NASDAQ: SFLY)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Veeva Systems (VEEV): Analyst Day Notes, Raising PT - Needham
- Jefferies Reiterates Hold on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 4Q Report
- Pacific Crest Starts SPS Commerce (SPSC) at Overweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!