Red Hat (RHT): Impressive Quarter - UBS
- Wall Street dragged down by Apple, health stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/29: (ITCI) (ADHD) (MRNS) Higher; (CATB) (AEGR) (DRNA) Lower
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- After Near-Term Outperformance, Barclays Sees Apple (AAPL) Shares Flat from Here
- U.S. economy less sluggish in second quarter; companies investing more
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Brent Thill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) and raised his price target to $90 from $85 after posting 20% y/y growth in both subscription revenue (highest Q2 number in 5 yrs) and billings (beat by $16M, but off light 9% comp).
The analyst stated "We were impressed by strength in the core infrastructure business, which returned to high-teens growth (+18%/17% CC vs. 1Q17 +14%/13%) in the face of a bear thesis expecting more negative impacts from the cloud. Growth from the emerging products portfolio slowed to 33%/32% in CC (vs. +39% for both in FQ1). While we would certainly like to see more evidence of a breakout play beyond core RHEL, we note FY17 investments appear front-end loaded, with 1H headcount up 25%, which should provide a boost to 2H growth across the broader portfolio".
Shares of Red Hat closed at $77.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts AT&T (T) to Neutral on Lower EPS Estimates
- Jefferies Raises price Target on Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Following 2Q Report
- Ferrellgas Partners (FGP): Cutting Ests And Reiterating Sell - UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!