Red Hat (RHT): Impressive Quarter - UBS
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/29: (MENT) (CEMP) (COST) Higher; (CAMP) (ABUS) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst, Brent Thill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) and raised his price target to $90 from $85 after posting 20% y/y growth in both subscription revenue (highest Q2 number in 5 yrs) and billings (beat by $16M, but off light 9% comp).
The analyst stated "We were impressed by strength in the core infrastructure business, which returned to high-teens growth (+18%/17% CC vs. 1Q17 +14%/13%) in the face of a bear thesis expecting more negative impacts from the cloud. Growth from the emerging products portfolio slowed to 33%/32% in CC (vs. +39% for both in FQ1). While we would certainly like to see more evidence of a breakout play beyond core RHEL, we note FY17 investments appear front-end loaded, with 1H headcount up 25%, which should provide a boost to 2H growth across the broader portfolio".
Shares of Red Hat closed at $77.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Raises Price Target on DTE Energy (DTE) to $112; Reiterates Buy
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on BlackBerry (BBRY) Following 2Q Beat
- BMO Capital Upgrades HudBay Minerals (HBM) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!