Red Hat (RHT): Impressive Quarter - UBS
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst, Brent Thill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) and raised his price target to $90 from $85 after posting 20% y/y growth in both subscription revenue (highest Q2 number in 5 yrs) and billings (beat by $16M, but off light 9% comp).
The analyst stated "We were impressed by strength in the core infrastructure business, which returned to high-teens growth (+18%/17% CC vs. 1Q17 +14%/13%) in the face of a bear thesis expecting more negative impacts from the cloud. Growth from the emerging products portfolio slowed to 33%/32% in CC (vs. +39% for both in FQ1). While we would certainly like to see more evidence of a breakout play beyond core RHEL, we note FY17 investments appear front-end loaded, with 1H headcount up 25%, which should provide a boost to 2H growth across the broader portfolio".
Shares of Red Hat closed at $77.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!