Red Hat (RHT): Impressive Quarter - UBS
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Brent Thill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) and raised his price target to $90 from $85 after posting 20% y/y growth in both subscription revenue (highest Q2 number in 5 yrs) and billings (beat by $16M, but off light 9% comp).
The analyst stated "We were impressed by strength in the core infrastructure business, which returned to high-teens growth (+18%/17% CC vs. 1Q17 +14%/13%) in the face of a bear thesis expecting more negative impacts from the cloud. Growth from the emerging products portfolio slowed to 33%/32% in CC (vs. +39% for both in FQ1). While we would certainly like to see more evidence of a breakout play beyond core RHEL, we note FY17 investments appear front-end loaded, with 1H headcount up 25%, which should provide a boost to 2H growth across the broader portfolio".
Shares of Red Hat closed at $77.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!