Ralph Lauren (RL): Stay On The Sidelines - Piper Jaffray
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Erinn Murphy, reiterated her Neutral rating on shares of Ralph Lauren (NYSE: RL) and believes that trends remain challenging while the investment community has given the company a pass wanting to see further details unfold of CEO Stefan Larsson's plan.
The analyst stated "For Q1, we are at $0.96 to the Street's $0.89 estimate and note mgmt. guided op margin to be down 110-160 bps Y/Y. FY17 op margin is forecasted to be 10%. We believe wholesale will ultimately have to shrink further than mgmt.'s current forecast for down LDD this year and will look for more details on this call. It would not surprise us if mgmt. could also increase the amount of cost savings it seeks to achieve this year. All in, we remain on the sidelines on RL believing it is too early to call this a turnaround yet".
No change to the price target of $88.
Shares of Ralph Lauren closed at $96.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Citi Downgrades Blackhawk Network (HAWK) to Neutral
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades Navient Corporation (NAVI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!