Raising Ests and PTs On All Optical Companies After Expert Call - Piper Jaffray (OCLR) (AAOI) (FN) (FNSR) (LITE) (NPTN)
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst raised revenue and EPS estimates on his entire sector this morning as he expects the strength in optical demand to continue and consensus estimates don’t reflect the magnitude and sustainability of this cycle. The analyst hosted an expert call with Andrew Schmitt, the founder and lead analyst at Cignal AI.
The analyst was very encouraged by Schmitt's comments toward CFP2-ACO demand, and he believes the industry continues to buy everything that can be produced. Schmitt estimated the industry has shipped ~5 – 6K ACO modules through the end of Q3, the majority of which are being shipped by Oclaro.
While 35.0% gross margins have historically been viewed as the peak for optical component suppliers, the analyst believes some optical companies will be either reporting or guiding for gross margins above 35.0%. This will flow through to better than expected operating margins and the leaders in may even start generating greater than 15.0% operating margins.
All companies are rated Overweight.
Oclaro's (NASDAQ: OCLR) price target goes to $10.50 from $9.00.
Applied Optoelectronics' (NASDAQ: AAOI) PT goes to $27 from $24.
Fabrinet's (NYSE: FN) PT goes to $53 from $50.
Finisar's (NASDAQ: FNSR) PT goes to $38 from $31.
Lumentum's (NASDAQ: LITE) PT goes to $47 from $38.
NeoPhotonics' (NYSE: NPTN) PT goes to $20 from $17.
Shares of Oclaro closed at $8.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- GenMark Diagnostics (GNMK) PT Raised to $15 at Needham & Company
- Sanchez Energy (SN) PT Raised to $16 at FBR Capital; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!