Rackspace (RAX) LBO Math is Compelling at $32/Share, Says Wells Fargo
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil on track for first weekly loss in five weeks on strong dollar
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 5, 2016 9:19 AM EDT)
Well Fargo analyst Gray Powell thinks a Rackspace (NYSE: RAX) LBO at $32 per share could be justified using fairly conservative assumptions. Comments follow rumors that suggest the company is close to be acquired by private equity.
"Discussions of a RAX takeout have surfaced in the past (i.e. mid 2014) and failed to materialize. While details are limited, we think the potential is probably more real this time than not due to RAX's valuation, low leverage and FCF profile," said Powell.
Powell's LBO scenario assumes:
- "$32/share equates to a RAX enterprise value of $4.3B. A 30% equity stake implies net leverage of only 4.0x 2017E EBITDA, which is relatively low for an LBO.
- Given RAX's current free cash flow profile, for a private equity firm to realize a 25% annual return over three years, they would need to exit RAX at an enterprise value of $5.3B in 2019.
- In 2019, RAX could conservatively generate $330MM in unlevered free cash flow (assuming only 5%/yr average revenue and EBITDA growth, capex at 15% of revenue and a 30% cash tax rate).
- This would imply an exit multiple of 16.0x EV/unlevered FCF in 2019 and compares to RAX shares which have traded between 15.5x and 18.0x EV/2016E unlevered FCF YTD 2016."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!