Rackspace (RAX) LBO Math is Compelling at $32/Share, Says Wells Fargo
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 5, 2016 9:19 AM EDT)
Well Fargo analyst Gray Powell thinks a Rackspace (NYSE: RAX) LBO at $32 per share could be justified using fairly conservative assumptions. Comments follow rumors that suggest the company is close to be acquired by private equity.
"Discussions of a RAX takeout have surfaced in the past (i.e. mid 2014) and failed to materialize. While details are limited, we think the potential is probably more real this time than not due to RAX's valuation, low leverage and FCF profile," said Powell.
Powell's LBO scenario assumes:
- "$32/share equates to a RAX enterprise value of $4.3B. A 30% equity stake implies net leverage of only 4.0x 2017E EBITDA, which is relatively low for an LBO.
- Given RAX's current free cash flow profile, for a private equity firm to realize a 25% annual return over three years, they would need to exit RAX at an enterprise value of $5.3B in 2019.
- In 2019, RAX could conservatively generate $330MM in unlevered free cash flow (assuming only 5%/yr average revenue and EBITDA growth, capex at 15% of revenue and a 30% cash tax rate).
- This would imply an exit multiple of 16.0x EV/unlevered FCF in 2019 and compares to RAX shares which have traded between 15.5x and 18.0x EV/2016E unlevered FCF YTD 2016."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Eros International Plc (EROS) to Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!