Rackspace (RAX) LBO Math is Compelling at $32/Share, Says Wells Fargo
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 5, 2016 9:19 AM EDT)
Well Fargo analyst Gray Powell thinks a Rackspace (NYSE: RAX) LBO at $32 per share could be justified using fairly conservative assumptions. Comments follow rumors that suggest the company is close to be acquired by private equity.
"Discussions of a RAX takeout have surfaced in the past (i.e. mid 2014) and failed to materialize. While details are limited, we think the potential is probably more real this time than not due to RAX's valuation, low leverage and FCF profile," said Powell.
Powell's LBO scenario assumes:
- "$32/share equates to a RAX enterprise value of $4.3B. A 30% equity stake implies net leverage of only 4.0x 2017E EBITDA, which is relatively low for an LBO.
- Given RAX's current free cash flow profile, for a private equity firm to realize a 25% annual return over three years, they would need to exit RAX at an enterprise value of $5.3B in 2019.
- In 2019, RAX could conservatively generate $330MM in unlevered free cash flow (assuming only 5%/yr average revenue and EBITDA growth, capex at 15% of revenue and a 30% cash tax rate).
- This would imply an exit multiple of 16.0x EV/unlevered FCF in 2019 and compares to RAX shares which have traded between 15.5x and 18.0x EV/2016E unlevered FCF YTD 2016."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Keane Group (FRAC) IPO Opens Up 16%
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!