Rackspace (RAX): WSJ's $27 Is Too Low - Oppenheimer
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Timothy Horan, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Rackspace (NYSE: RAX) after the WSJ reported that RAX was in advanced talks to sell itself to Apollo Group for $3.5B, or $27/share. The analyst believes this is low and that a deal in the $32 area is more likely given his assumptions that the company could cut OPEX by 20%, decrease capital intensity of the business to 10-15% of revenue and increase leverage to ~4x EBITDA. At $32, or $4.3B, 30% equates to ~$1.3B in equity. Using an 8x EBITDA estimate (RAX's three-year average) on an estimated $1.02B by 2021 (equating to an 8% CAGR from our 2016 estimate), he believes a PE firm could exit with just under a 30% IRR.
Using this valuation as a takeout rationale, the analyst, is increasing his target to $32 from $30,
Shares of Rackspace closed at $29.27 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!