RBC's Mahaney Cuts TripAdvisor's (TRIP) Below Market PT Even Lower
- Energy weighs on S&P, Dow; techs boost Nasdaq
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, Mark Mahaney, reiterated his Sector Perform rating on shares of TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP) and cut his below market price target to $50 after TRIP posted Q3 results below Street expectations and even lower RBC estimates.
A surprising portion of the guidance was a step-up in Variable Marketing investments in 2017 causing margins to be lower than in 2016 . Instant booking dilution and Mobile Monetization challenges persist taking estimates & and the price target lower.
The new PT is $50, down from $55, based on a blended average of a 45x P/E multiple and a 20x EV/EBITDA multiple on our 2018 estimates.
Shares of TripAdvisor closed at $63.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Antero Midstream Partners LP (AM) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Mark Mahaney
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!