RBC's Key's to Priceline Group's (PCLN) Quarter
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
RBC Capital Analyst, Mark Mahaney, reiterated his Outperform rating on The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN) and reiterated his price target of $1,600. Keys to the quarter include:
1) Organic Growth Trends Robust – 21% Y/Y Bookings (ex-FX), 24% Y/Y Hotel Room Night, and 18% Y/Y Gross Profit (ex-FX)
2) Q3 Outlook Implies Acceleration in terms of Room Night Growth, Gross Profit, and Gross Bookings…we still see PCLN on track to deliver Room Night growth in ’16 at or above ’15
3) Less Worse Margin Trends 34% Op. Margin was down 310 bps Y/Y, and Q3 guide suggests potential for less deleverage…Performance Advertising ROI has been stable for four quarters, tho no signs of leverage.
4) Sizeable Share Repurchases & FCF Generation– Repurchased $299MM in Q2 and generated $1.1B in FCF.
5) Materially Outpaced EXPE In Room Night Growth and Bookings– Outgrew EXPE 24% vs. 12%.
6) CEO Search Still On– We estimate former CEO Jeff Boyd remains Interim CEO until year-end.
Shares of The Priceline Group closed at $1359.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Mark Mahaney
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!