RBC Thinks Apple Inc (AAPL) Doesn't Need a Powerful iPhone 7 Upgrade For The Stock To Work
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, Amit Daryanani, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) but emphasized that he sees the iPhone 7 upgrade cycle as having only minor upgrades and will not see the same healthy uptake as prior cycles. On the flip side, he thinks the stock still works at this level for three reasons:
1) the iPhone 7 will enable moderation in unit declines and perhaps even drive low-single digit unit growth
2) gross-margins should be stable due to improving post Sept-qtr as f/x headwinds ease and mix becomes more favorable
3) in a low rate environment, AAPL’s commitment to return the majority of its $60B + of FCF to shareholders annually will enable value interest
No change to the price target of $115.00
Shares of Apple closed at $105.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
- Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Visa (V) Following Solid 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!