RBC Sees Some Positives from HP's (HPQ) Q3 Report, but Thinks More is Needed
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital affirms its Sector Perform rating and $14 price target on HP, Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) following Q3 results on Wednesday.
Analyst Amit Daryanani commented,
HPQ reported a strong Jul-qtr print but guided down Oct-qtr and tempered FCF expectations for Oct-qtr as well. Fundamentally, we see HPQ struggling on both the PC and Printing fronts, with PCs likely to see a confluence of cyclical and secular challenges in Oct-qtr (expect downtick q/q) and Printing going through a business model change that could result in a lower market share (while we still await benefits from the positive NPV hardware units driving some stability within supplies).
We expect HPQ stock to move in sync with its FCF generation, which we suspect may remain challenged over the next two quarters given: 1) Oct-qtr headwind from mix and inventory pre-buy; and 2) Jan-qtr is seasonally a negative FCF quarter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- RBC Capital Neutral on GE's (GE) Q3 Report, Outlook; Reaffirms at 'Outperform'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!